Elemental Doodles Design Team (EDDT) Call
Elemental Doodles™ is re-launching. We will officially launch in August 2019. We will be reviving many of our image sets from 2009 and we have many new ones to introduce. And we are looking to build a unique and versatile new design team made up of 5 designers. If you were a part of our original Founding Design Team and would like to participate again please contact us. Please see below for complete information about our Design Team Call.
Artwork Submission Guidelines
Deadline: Artwork must be received by August 25th. Design Team selections will be announced on or before September 1st.
- Create at least 3 cards and 1 non-card project using images of your choice so that we can get an accurate view of your style (if you have ED stamps we would appreciate if you use them). These projects should reflect your general style and stamping should be the focus. Please submit full cards and not just card fronts. Artwork should be clean and neat. If you already own stamps from Rubbertree Enterprises or Elemental Doodles you may use these. Otherwise, any stamp line will do as long as stamping is the primary focus of your artwork. Please include a supplies used list as well as instructions for each project submitted. This is not used on our website but rather for us to get an idea of your ability to write clear and concise instructions.
- Mail your submissions to Elemental Doodles, c/o Melodie Hand, 4913 Lord Nelson Dr., Raleigh, NC . 27610
- Submissions will not be returned. These may be held for future consideration.
- Be sure to include the following information attached to the back of each sample: Your Name, mailing address, email address and phone number. If it is not attached it could get lost or separated from your submission so please take the time to attach this information directly to the back of the piece you are submitting.
- Please include a cover sheet following the guidelines below.
Cover Sheet Guidelines:
- Name & Contact Information (same as what you put on the back of your samples).
- Brief Bio - please include information such as how long you have been stamping/scrapping/artfully creating, your favorites (coloring mediums, surfaces, stamp style, colors, etc), what inspires you, your other talents, hobbies, and interests, etc.
- Website address of your blog or other online galleries where your work is posted.
- Links to your social media pages (FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, etc).
- What email lists or online communities are you an active member of.
- What other design teams are you currently on or were previously on? How long have you been on these design teams?
- Why do you want to be a part of the EDDT?
- How much time would you be able to devote to EDDT responsibilities?
- What do you feel would be your greatest contribution to the EDDT?
- Have you ever used clear stamps and what is your opinion of them?
- Publications your work has appeared in (Publication Name, Issue Date, Page Number)?
- What are your expectations from Elemental Doodles if you were to be a design team member?
- Why do you want to be on the EDDT?
Elemental Doodles Design Team (EDDT) Terms
6-month term running from January-June and July-December (Initial term will run from October 2019-June 2020)
Term may be renewed upon request & review
Design Team Responsibilities:
- Confidentiality Agreement signed and returned.
- Submit a minimum of 2 projects per month (can be a combination of card, scrapbook layout page minimum, ATC (or other miniature art, 3D project, Bible Journal Page, etc) - mailed to 4913 Lord Nelson Dr., Raleigh, NC 27610.
- Each project shall have your name and contact information as well as a list of supplies used to complete and step by step instructions included. A submission form will be provided that will need to be used for supplies lists and instructions.
- Promote ED regularly (weekly) through your personal blog, social media (facebook, twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, youtube, etc), and online galleries (ex. SplitCoastStampers, etc) and other online communities or message boards you may participate in.
- Participate in discussion on the ED FB page and other ED social media outlets.
- Participate in the EDDT discussion group (a FB group will be formed for the EDDT and each member will be required to join).
- Monthly submissions of your artwork to printed stamping/art related publications of your choice using ED stamps and giving stamp/product credits to ED. It would be a good idea to make these submissions different from what you send in as your monthly quota to ED. Email us the publications you have submitted to and what stamp set you have used for submission by the end of each month.
- There may be, from time to time, a specific project type request from ED.
- There may be occasional "challenges" hosted by ED.
What ED will provide to DT members:
- This is a non-paying position. Compensation artists receive would be the free stamp sets and any other supplies and discounts provided by ED as stated in this notice or other written agreement between ED and the DT members.
- One to Two stamp sets per month. DT members will need to provide a list of ED stamp sets they may already own so that we can ensure each DT member receives sets they do not already own each month. The stamp set received will be random and may be an existing set or a new set at the discretion of ED.
- Other products and supplies may be provided as they become available.
- Discounts on supplies sold through ED.
- Affiliate link to the ED website where you may earn commissions.
- Spotlight on the ED website and company blog.
- Direct linking/promotion of your personal blog on the ED website and other company online outlets (blog, FB page, etc).
- If you have an Etsy store or other online marketplaces where you sell your finished products we will gladly list it on the ED website and other company online outlets or social media.
- Artwork credit for your artwork published on the ED website and other company online outlets or social media where the artwork is used.
- Author credit for any tutorials that are submitted and used.
These terms are subject to change as needed by ED. Any changes will be made in writing.